Above: In Des Moines, the sounds of summer include Jazz in July followed by chamber music in August.
Plan now to attend the concert series of the annual Zenith Chamber Music Festival, with performances scheduled Aug. 15-19. This festival is dedicated to highlighting professional musicians from across the globe as well as local artists. The free concerts include:
• Aug. 15, 7:30 p.m.: Salisbury House and Gardens (although the concerts are free, you can reserve a Salisbury seat for $10 here).
• Aug. 16, 6:30 p.m.: Johnston Public Library
• Aug. 17, 6 p.m.: Jasper Winery
• Aug.18, 7:30 p.m.: St. John’s Lutheran Church
• Aug. 19, 7:30 p.m.: Drake University, Sheslow Auditorium
For featured artists, performance details and other information about the festival, click here.